Tuesday, February 27, 2007

your 4am food habits are disgusting

Ladies and gentlemen, there is a plague besetting our nation. A cancerous virus-like travesty, that is threatening to ruin the medium of food forever.

It's fairly well known that I'm not the greatest fan of the post night-out visit to the kebab house. Apart from the fact that it's where all the desperate girls seem to hang out, of course. The food's not exactly high quality, whether it be the chicken and chips that looks like it's been purposely syringed with extra dollops of fat, or pizza's that look like the house pet monkey vomits on each base in the back room, before it's time to put them in the oven.

Still, that's not my beef. If you want to eat such food, fine by me. I must confess that on occasion (when younger, perhaps), I have thoroughly enjoyed such meals.

No, my beef is thus: why, after obtaining your nutritious and delicious meal, do you then pick up the large bottle of mayonnaise (or ketchup, etc), and squeeze the thing until every square centimetre of your food is covered in the stuff?

It's foul. The sight of a pizza with mayonnaise covering it is utterly disgusting, and yet every time we go out, you know that's how the night will end. In the local takeaway (Pizza Co. on Oxford Road, incidentally) chomping down a meal that resembles an elephant's wet dream. Urgh.

5th Av - In Review

As I mentioned in the last blog, we went to 5th Avenue Saturday night. And it was pretty good. Not as glorious as our visit the other week, as this time around the music choice was the same old stuff they always play. There were highlights though:

  • Embrace - Ashes
  • Arcade Fire - Rebellion (Lies)
  • Faithless - Insomnia
  • Prodigy - Smack My B**ch Up
  • Coldplay - Fix You (inexplicably chosen as the final track of the evening. Who thought that would be a good idea? Not that I'm complaining, I love the song)
Mr DJ scores 6.6/10. He would've scored higher, but he refused to touch my bottom in the toilets. The girl.

No comments: