5th Avenue is the Manchester indie club I practically used to live in. We always used to end up there at the end of the night, having a great time dancing to the same songs every time: invariably Pulp - Common People, The Killers - Mr. Brightside, Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger and Kaiser Chiefs - I Predict a Riot.
We turned up there last night with just 50 minutes to go, but what a 50 minutes of music is was! From what I can remember:
- The Pipettes - Pull Shapes (which I never thought I'd hear there for several reasons)
- Scissor Sisters - I Don't Feel Like Dancing
- Pendulum - Fasten Your Seatbelt
- Bloc Party - The Prayer (as regular reader's will know, I've been very keen to here this track in such a setting)
- Oasis - Stand By Me (see, even the choice of Oasis track was off the beaten track)
Home we went then, to our flat where our long suffering flatmate Matt was asleep, having to get up as he does at 5am every morning to go to work in Liverpool. Sadly we woke him up as we came in, which must have been annoying.
More annoying though was the decision to then put a box in front of his door as a nice surprise for when he woke up in the morning. And then we added another few boxes on top of that one. And then some other stuff. Resulting in this: